Pupil grants and loans are meant for pupils that are their studies at e.g. university college, college or college that is vocational. If you are older than 20, it is possible to submit an application for pupil funds and loans for studies at compulsory and top additional level at Komvux (adult training university) or folk senior high school.
Dining Table of contents
- Information because of the Corona virus
- Size of funds and loans you’ll get
- Requirements and conditions
- Application, research payment and assurance
- Offer notification if you become sick or if any such thing modifications
- Repaying the student loan
- Appealing against a choice by CSN
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The loan you have to pay off. You are able to decide to use solely for the grant, if you don’t wish to just take away that loan. The loan possesses low interest and will not need any security, and you’re in a position to repay it more than a any period of time. In 2020, the interest price is 0.16 %.
Information as a result of the Corona virus
Read more how the Corona virus affect the learning student funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans you are able to get
exactly just How big is the funds and figuratively speaking you can e.g receive depends. on
- your price of research (full-time or part-time)
- how many months you’re learning for
- how big your earnings.
|1 week, SEK||4 months, SEK||20 weeks, SEK|
|Grant||823||3 292||16 460|
|Student loan||1 892||7 568||37 840|
|Total||2 715||10 860||54 300|
Other grants and loans that you could make an application for
Some pupils can receive more grants or borrow additional money.
- You can apply for extra child allowance if you have custody of children under the age of 18.
- You can apply for a supplementary loan if you have worked in the past and received a certain minimum income. It is possible to get this as of the you turn 25 year.
- You may receive an increased grant element in your student aid if you are studying at compulsory or upper secondary level and satisfy certain conditions. You may also get this if you’re learning for a complementary programme that is educational up to a subject teacherâ€™s degree. You are entitled to the increased grant, so you do not need to apply for it when you apply for student grants and loans, CSN checks whether.
- When you yourself have extra expenses related to your studies, you’ll in some situations make an application for one more loan. As an example, you might have expenses for dual housing or for particular trips.
In case your earnings exceeds the earnings limitation
The earnings limitation temporarily eliminated during 2020
Due to the Corona crisis the earnings limitation is temporarily eliminated during 2020, in the event that you learn with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). Which means that your revenue during 2020 will maybe not impact just how student that is much and loans you are able to get.
You may possibly get earnings up to and including specific amount without your pupil funds and loans being affected. The earnings limitation is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. In case your earnings surpasses the https://speedyloan.net/uk/payday-loans-dby earnings limitation, you’re not eligible for the level that is same of and loans.
The earnings restriction is determined by exactly exactly just how many weeks you might be learning for and whether you’re learning full-time or part-time. The income limit is SEK 90 075 for example, if you are going to studying full-time with student grants and loans for 20 weeks in a calendar half-year. You can easily see your revenue limitation into the choice you can get from CSN.
Needs and conditions
Different needs and conditions must be pleased to ensure that one to be eligible to student help.
- The training you shall be going to must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You should be registered on your own courses.
- Your studies must certanly be at the very minimum 50 % of full-time and must last for at the very minimum three months.
- You should be below the age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases through the 12 months you turn 47.
- You might perhaps not get specific other advantages at the exact same time as getting pupil funds and loans, such as task help, sickness advantage and introduction advantage.
- You can just get pupil grants and loans for the amount that is limited of. How long is determined by the scholarly education degree that you might be learning:
- University university, university or several other post-secondary training: a optimum of 240 months
- Upper level that is secondary an optimum of 80 or 120 days, dependent on your past training
- Compulsory school degree: no more than 40, 80 or 100 months, based on your past training and exactly what you might be learning.
- You must have satisfied the requirements as regards credits in order to receive new student grants and loans if you have previously studied with student grants and loans or an education entry grant. Certain demands credits that are regarding dependent on which program you might be learning.
- You may not receive student grants and loan if you have unpaid annual fees or demands for more than one period. Contact CSN to find out more.
- If you’re planning to learn abroad, unique rules use.
Extra stipulations for international residents
You also need to satisfy special conditions in order to be entitled to Swedish student finance if you are a foreign citizen. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
When you yourself have gotten a short-term residence license through the Swedish Migration Agency since you have refugee status or comparable, you might be additionally frequently entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
In addition, various rules use based on whether you’re a resident of the nation within or away from EU/EEA or Switzerland.